Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Ice Cream Man

This was a interesting day! Anne and I were outside and she heard tht annoying ice cream truck music that they play--it quickly brought me back to a time when my children were young and had hankerings for that same truck, I am sure of it, during the summer it seemed they circled our block for 3 hours., after feeding them ice cream, the kids bolted out of the house again for another slurp of the frozen treat., I was so mad by this time, I went out to the Male Mexican Driver and said, you have been up and down our street today, try another street, I don't want to see you or HEAR your music down our street again. Needless to say he apologized and I never had heard from him since, did I ever regret that, not until annes' sharp ears perked up and said it's an ice cream truck. Yes REgret. but so happy to buy her what ever she wanted., Jay was happy for the sight of a truck also, he had missed it too.

2 comments:

Meghan and Sean Green said...

wow, candy man- i never seen another candy man go down our street after you banned him. I swear Nessa spent more money then me on the candy man. Or was that me that i bought it for her?

KOCHERHANS said...

Way cute pictures. I'm sure Anne still remembers this day. And your story about chasing the ice cream man away....hilarious. C'mon the ice cream truck is part of growing up. Every day would be annoying though....chesters. Oops did I just say that.