Friday, June 20, 2008

2nd time around


My 25 year old daughter was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, of course it was a shock for someone so young, I was 32 with 3 children when I was diagnosed. Ben was 9, Meghan 6 and Vanessa 3. I thought I was going to die! I didn't know anybody who had breast cancer except my Uncle Jim, See Men can get it! He had a double mastecomy. I had a lumpectomy, with 32 treatments of radiation, and 2 years later it returned to the same breast, then had it removed and 2 years later had elective surgery to have the left breast removed. Greatest decision I have made in my life.


But back to Meghan, she did have 2 cancers close to her chest wall that concerned her doctors, She had surgery 1 month ago and had immediate reconstructive surgery. I am so proud of her, she was positive during the whole ordeal and she put everyone at ease. She is now busy with her life work and family. We are so thankful for all the prayers and faith of family and friends. We love you all. Margie and Jay

3 comments:

KOCHERHANS said...

Look at you updating your blog all over the place! I'm proud of you. So glad you are retired now. This was a great post. I didn't know half that stuff about your breast cancer. That was very interesting. We are so glad that Meghan is doing so well....it is amazing. She is a beautiful person.

KOCHERHANS said...

Look at you updating your blog all over the place! I'm proud of you. So glad you are retired now. This was a great post. I didn't know half that stuff about your breast cancer. That was very interesting. We are so glad that Meghan is doing so well....it is amazing. She is a beautiful person.

Meghan and Sean Green said...

Mom- you are the best, you made it sooooo much easier for me to go through this. Your survival, positive outlook, advice, support and faith made this journey through cancer seem not such a big deal. I am thankful to have you. You are one of my best friends and i love you so much. Thank you for all you do, did do and continue to do for Sean and I. We feel so blessed to have such a loving mother. You have been my hero, i know that if you went through it twice and radiation and with 3 kids i knew i could too. Thank you mom, you are such a strong woman that i hope to grow up to be like. loves, meggie